Friday, July 29, 2011

Colorful Abstracts Show in Ashland

If you like colorful abstract paintings and you will be near Ashland during the month of August, there is an exhibit you ought to see. Lynda Hoffman-Snodgrass will be showing a large number of her paintings at the Art & Soul Gallery in Ashland.

Details, including those for the reception on August 5 are in the announcement below (click on the image for a larger view).


Below are photos of a couple more of Lynda's paintings.

Ancient Tones, watercolor, 29"x21"


Corn Dancer, watercolor, 29"x21"

(Images are shown by permission of the artist)

Here is Lynda's artist statement for the exhibit:

It was a warm summer afternoon, my friend and I were lying on our backs on the grass in my yard.
She said to me "Lynda, you're an Artist, tell me about Color".
I thought about it for a moment and told her it would be my delight to share color with her.
She had been blind from birth.
I thought to myself, just how do I share color with someone who is blind?
Do you feel it? Taste it? Smell it? Hear it?
As the sun set upon us that day, I shared every experience I could, beyond sight, of color.
Going through the rainbow of hues, to color theories and values.
A warm sunny day can become rich dirt as yellow goes from primary hue to a deep value.
I believe I "Awakened To Color" on that day.
Painting in abstraction has been very rewarding to me.
It allows me to use my intuition more when I paint.
Color, pattern, texture and design are the main elements that I am working with.
These abstracts allow the viewer's imagination to play, which I love!
It is my hope that, in viewing this exhibition, you too find yourself "Awakening To Color".

No comments: